Saturday, January 7, 2012

Climbing Update


Great couple of weeks lately, I have been getting on a few new routes as well as ticking off other climbs I have tried before.

I went to a beautiful climbing wall in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland and managed to flash a (soft) 26/7b+ called Zazen, which is equal to my hardest flash. It was my style I think, slightly overhung on compressive sidepulls. Can’t wait to get back and sample the other classics.

Went to Coolum on Tuesday and ticked Gasoline Rainbow (28). I did this easily on the day, cruising the whole thing and didn’t even manage to get a pump. I wasn’t nervous climbing it, which is unlike me normally as this route is quite high and exposed. Fifth shot overall, and second of the day. Great route, I recommend it.

Also put up a new route at Point Glorious, which makes the route tally at this crag now 8 (so there is a good day’s worth of climbing). The route is called The Good, The Bad And The Eggly and is grade 21. It’s a short technical slab to a hard bulge at the top, finishing around the corner of the arĂȘte. I will post up some pictures soon. It is located next to Terry’s (closed) project 

No comments:

Post a Comment