Saturday, February 12, 2011

Eraserhead. New route at Mount Coolum

I have been really into establishing new routes lately, and when I found this obvious line at Coolum, there was no stopping me.  Bolting took days, as it is a second pitch and I had to work downwards on it. I learnt many new bolting tricks with this one. 
So here it is.

Eraserhead 26
Starts just to the right of LCA. Climbs the exposed arete before heading straight up into the thin corner (the big horns out left are considered to be foot holds only), finishing with a wild move to breach the shelf at the top. Best to belay from the ground. 


Everyone that has been on this route has really enjoyed it, and its definitely not an easy tick. Go and give it a shot, I promise you that you'll have a great time. 


Tom O'Halloran on Eraserhead. Photo: Frank Petsch






































Tom O'Halloran again. This is the final crux. Photo: JJ O'Brien. 


No comments:

Post a Comment