Sunday, March 18, 2012

Carnivore (27), second ascent!

Made a fantastic trip to brooyar last Monday with Anton, Ian and Terry. It was supposed to rain, but we decided to go anyway. We had a killer day's climbing on the Monday at Wolf's Lair.
Wolf's lair has some fantastic rock and some killer potential for some hard new routes.
I had tried Carnivore (27) about a year ago with Clint (love ya), and had found it super fun with big moves between good holds. I gave it 2 shots back then and just missed getting the tick on the second shot.
So I had high expectations this trip, but I was not going to pressure myself (as I climb a hell of a lot better when I am relaxed and not anxious for the tick). So after a warm up bolt to bolt (and avoiding 7 bats) I managed to get the tick. 4th go overall. Pretty stoked with it, I feel its a fantastic route. .
Terry managed to get his mini epic project at Black Stump, Bio Organic Plasma Gun (18) which is a real killer if you dont know how to climb the crux, well done man.
Ian onsighted Awesome Fearsome (22).
Anton tried about 7 climbs in a day, onya man.

Ps- Also did Reverse Psychology (27) at Brooyar in February. Very good.


Me under Carnivore.






































Happy send!

No comments:

Post a Comment